Let’s face it, we all love pancakes (except for my girlfriend, but she’s a weirdo). But it can be hard to find a good recipe for Whole wheat vegan pancakes that isnt chalked full of refined sugar and oils.
If your childhood was anything like mine Saturday mornings consisted of a big stack of Aunt Jemima pancakes with butter and Aunt Jemima ”table syrup”. And I used to wonder why I was overweight as a kid.
I’ve come a long way since those days. Although I will admit I’m still a sucker for pancakes! That’s why I’m ecstatic to bring you my super simple can’t fail whole wheat pancake recipe!
When I mean simple, I’m not kidding. You can technically make this recipe with 3 ingredients (one of which being water).
Flour, baking powder, water and maple syrup are all you need! No refined
This recipe is really simple, put all of the dry ingredients into a medium size mixing bowl, or my personal favourite: a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer
Next add the wet ingredients, and presto! You’ve got yourself pancake batter.
Cooking is a breeze, just warm up a non-stick frying pan ( I HIGHLY
cook the pancakes until the bubbles begin to rise to the top and pop.
Flip the pancakes and wait another minute or so.
Top with what ever your heart desires! My personal favorite is my sugar free better than smuckers jam recipe.
Whole Wheat Vegan Pancake Recipe – Sugar Free, Oil Free
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 – 1 1/12 cups water Depending on how thick you like your pancakes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil OPTIONAL
- 1/4 tsp salt OPTIONAL
- In a medium-size bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Pour in the oil, water, and maple syrup. Whisk until no lumps are present.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan to 375f (medium-low)
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the frying pan.
- Flip the pancake once bubbles around the edge begin to pop.
- Top with Maple Syrup and Serve immediately!